A tummy tuck is a cosmetic procedure to remove loose skin from the abdomen to create a flatter, more defined torso. Many men choose to undergo a tummy tuck to contour their body, remove stretch marks, and enhance the muscular definition of their core.
In this article, we will explore the cost of a tummy tuck for men, financing options available and what is included in the price.
At the CREO Clinic, we are led by Dr. Omar Tillo, a body contouring specialist with extensive experience performing tummy tucks for his male patients. Contact the CREO Clinic today to book a consultation with Dr. Tillo and enjoy a stronger, more muscular core, free from lax skin.
What Is A Male Tummy Tuck?
Male patients seeking to undergo a tummy tuck surgery often wish to remove the excess, lax skin in order to reveal muscle definition that has previously been hidden. In addition, many male patients seek a tummy tuck in order to strengthen their core by repairing the abdominal muscles that may have been loosened following an injury or after significant weight loss.
Overall, by shedding the unwanted skin, men can enjoy a more contoured upper body that is closer to the highly desirable muscular form.
How Much Does A Male Tummy Tuck Cost
The price of a full tummy tuck procedure at the CREO Clinic starts from £13,750. For patients who only require a mini tummy tuck, where skin is removed from the lower abdomen only, prices start from £9,900. As a tummy tuck is a bespoke cosmetic surgery, an exact cost breakdown will only be provided following a consultation with Dr. Tillo.
What Is Included In The Cost Of A Male Tummy Tuck?
At the CREO Clinic, the quoted price provided will include:
- Hospital and theatre fees
- Surgeons fees
- Anaesthetist and anaesthetic fees
- Follow-up appointments with Dr. Tillo
- Compression garments
However, additional fees may be incurred for chaperone services, additional required medical tests/scans and private prescriptions.
Patients can choose to pay for their treatment in a number of ways. Some patients prefer to pay for the full cost of their tummy tuck upfront.
For patients seeking to spread the cost of their treatment, the CREO Clinic offers a range of financing options, including interest free financing for up to one year. Alternatively, patients can choose longer repayment periods with interest.
Benefits Of A Male Tummy Tuck
- A tummy tuck removes loose skin to achieve the abdominal appearance that many men desire.
- The procedure can repair the underlying abdominal muscles that may have been damaged through injury or following significant weight loss. This can help to alleviate associated medical issues like back pain.
- By repairing the abdominal muscles and removing lax skin, patients have a more stable core, and feel more able to engage in physical activity.
Who Is A Good Candidate For A Male Tummy Tuck?
Men seeking to remove excess skin from their abdomen to achieve a more toned stomach is usually a good candidate for a male tummy tuck. Patients should also meet the following criteria:
- Be in good overall physical and psychological health.
- Be at a safe BMI of 30 or less. Use our BMI calculator to find out whether you are suitable. This means a patient should have very little excess fat. Patients who wish to have excess skin and fat removed can inquire about undergoing a tummy tuck and liposuction at the same time.
- Have realistic expectations about the results a tummy tuck can achieve.
Differences Between Male Tummy Tuck And Female
Like women, many men develop lax skin around the abdomen that they wish to remove in order to contour their upper body. However, for men, muscle repair is often not required, with the focus instead being on unveiling the tone and definition of the abdominal muscles. With a tummy tuck, men can enjoy a highly desirable, more traditionally masculine form.
Many male patients also wish to combine their tummy tuck with abdominal etching, a type of liposuction that targets stubborn abdominal fat deposits close to the abdominal muscle. In doing so, male patients can further enhance the muscular definition of their core.
Types Of Male Tummy Tucks
There are several different types of tummy tucks that can be suitable for male patients:
- A mini tummy tuck can be ideal for men who have lax skin in the lower abdomen only, and don’t require muscle repair.
- A full tummy tuck is best suited for men with excess or sagging skin in the upper and lower abdomen, and for those who need to repair muscle separation (diastasis recti).
- For men who have additional lax skin on their flanks, often called “love handles”, an extended tummy tuck can be the best option.
- A fleur-de-lis tummy tuck is the most suitable procedure for patients who have recently lost a lot of weight and are left with vertical skin excess to remove.
Male Tummy Tuck FAQs
How long does it take to recover from a male tummy tuck?
Male tummy tuck recovery typically takes about 12 weeks. However, patients usually feel well enough to return to work 10 days after surgery, and can engage in light exercise after 3-4 weeks.
Why would a man get a tummy tuck?
Men may choose to undergo a tummy tuck to remove the excess abdominal skin and reveal more defined abs, enhancing the contours of their upper body. Overall, this procedure can help men achieve a highly desirable, traditionally masculine form.
Is a male tummy tuck covered by insurance?
A tummy tuck is typically considered a cosmetic procedure, meaning it won’t be covered by insurance companies. However, in some rare instances where a tummy tuck is considered a medical necessity, such as for chronic back pain caused by weak abdominal muscles, insurance may cover the cost.
Can I drive after getting a male tummy tuck?
You will be cleared to drive by your doctor after the initial stages of healing from surgery. This is usually around 10 days after surgery.
Am I allowed to work out after getting a male tummy tuck?
Patients are able to work out 3-4 weeks after surgery, when the body has adequately healed. However, patients will need to wait 12 weeks to engage in more strenuous exercise.