For men who have underdeveloped pectoral muscles, whether due to genetics or congenital illness, pectoral implant surgery can offer a route to a stronger, more athletic-looking chest. Solid silicone implants mimic the shape and feel of real muscle, as opposed to breast implants which are less firm. This adds volume to the pecs and improves their overall aesthetic.
This blog explores the cost of pectoral implants – one of the most important factors to consider before deciding to undergo the surgery. In addition to cost, the article will answer some of the more common questions patients have about this plastic surgery procedure.
The CREO Clinic’s Medical Director, Dr. Omar Tillo, is an expert body contouring surgeon who has performed many successful pec implant surgeries over the course of his career. He is one of the few specialised surgeons performing pectoral implants in the Uk. His experience and skill in his field allow him to create transformative enhancements to the physique through targeted surgery, always prioritising patient care as well as high quality results.
Contact the CREO Clinic today to book an initial consultation with Dr. Tillo.
Pectoral Implants Cost In UK
At the CREO Clinic, pectoral implants start from £13,900. As every plastic surgery performed at the clinic is bespoke to the patient’s needs, a full cost breakdown will only be available after your first consultation with Dr. Tillo.
What’s Included In Pectoral Implants Surgery Cost
The price you are quoted after your first consultation includes:
- Surgeon and nurses fees
- Compression garments
- Anaesthetic and anaesthetist fees
- The cost of your implants
- Your personalised treatment plan and preoperative assessment
- Follow-up appointments with Dr. Tillo to monitor your progress
Follow Up Appointments
After your cosmetic surgery, you will meet with Dr. Tillo for a number of follow-up appointments. These appointments are an opportunity to monitor your progress throughout recovery, check incisions, andoffer care and treatment where necessary. These consultations will be used to help ensure you are as comfortable as possible during your downtime.
Payment Options For Pectoral Implants
There are two main ways to pay for your pectoral implant surgery: payment in full, or payments made via instalments over a longer period. The latter option can sometimes be preferable for patients looking to spread the cost.
Interest Free Financing Up To 12 Months
Our financing partner, Chrysalis Finance, offers 0% APR loans for the full amount of your pec implant surgery to be paid over a 12 month period. Should you prefer a longer period, they are available with varying rates of APR.
Are Pectoral Implants Worth It?
For men who feel self-conscious of the undersized appearance of their chest, pectoral augmentation can offer a valuable solution. For many men, exercise can be insufficient for enhancing the pectoral muscles, particularly in men born with congenital deformities. Implants can offer a permanent improvement to volume and definition that looks and feels as natural as real pectoralis muscle.
In the hands of the right surgeon, pec implants can completely transform the overall appearance of the chest, helping to build greater confidence in your physique.
Benefits Of Pectoral Implants
There are multiple important benefits to male pectoral implants, such as:
- A strong-looking, traditionally masculine chest
- Correct asymmetries between the pecs
- Extra volume and definition to the chest overall
- The correction of underdeveloped chest muscles due to congenital deformities such as Poland’s syndrome and Pectus Excavatum
- Customised results to match the proportion and shape of your chest
- Incisions are made under the armpit, camouflaging the resulting scars
- Better fitting clothing
Who Is A Good Candidate For Pectoral Implants?
There are a few straightforward criteria that make for an ideal male pec implant candidate:
- Must be 18 years old with a fully developed chest
- Is in good psychological and physical condition with a BMI of at least 30 or below. If you’re unsure about your BMI, use our specially designed BMI calculator to check.
- Should have realistic expectations about the benefits of pectoral implant surgery.
- Is interested in adding volume to the chest and address asymmetry and underdevelopment of a muscular appearance.
Are There Complementary Procedures To Go With Pectoral Implants?
Liposuction can reduce exercise resistant pockets of fat in the chest, which can heighten definition and optimise the results of your pectoral implant surgery.
Gynecomastia reduction can be performed in tandem with pectoral implants as a way to completely remodel the chest, first by removing any excess breast tissue through the reduction, then providing an athletic looking contour via the pec implants.
Pectoral Implant Procedure Overview
Generally, pec implant surgery takes around two hours to perform and is performed under general anaesthetic.
Dr. Tillo makes an incision along the armpit that allows him access to both the pectoralis major and pectoralis minor muscles in the chest. He then creates a pocket between these two muscles into which he securely places the implants. The incision at the armpit is then closed with dissolvable sutures.
Custom Made Pectoral Implants
Some patients prefer to have custom-made pectoral implants that are unique and made to particular specifications – Dr. Tillo is currently one the only surgeons in the UK offering this personalised pectoral implants procedure. Choosing custom implants do entail some extra steps in the process:
- Consultation – During your initial consultation with Dr. Tillo, he will make an assessment about your eligibility for custom implants. Should you be suitable, Dr. Tillo will refer you for a CT scan of your chest.
- CT scan – After your scan, Dr. Tillo will review and send the details of the scanned to the manufacturer (AnatomikModelling)
- Clinical validation of the design – Once the design has come back to Dr. Tillo, he will discuss it with you and modifications will be made where necessary. These are then sent back to the manufacturer who will revise the design accordingly. As soon as the final designs are agreed on, the implants will be manufactured over a period of 1-6 weeks.
- Manufacturing – The approved design is then sent to the manufacturer where it is created, sterilised appropriately and shipped to the CREO Clinic. This typically takes between 8-12 weeks.
Overall, the entire process of ordering custom-made implants generally takes between 12 weeks and six months.
What Does The Recovery Process Look Like?
Immediately after your surgery, it is likely you will experience some swelling and tightness at the treatment sites – this should dissipate after a week. Most patients find they can return to office work after 1-2 weeks, but strenuous exercise and heavy workouts such as weightlifting should be avoided for at least six weeks post surgery.
For more detailed information on when you can work out after pec implant surgery, see our dedicated blog on the subject.
When Will I See The Results?
The increased volume of your pecs will be noticeable immediately after surgery, but the final results should become apparent after six months – this is the time it takes for all residual swelling to subside and for the implants to settle into their final position.
Pectoral Implants Before And After Results
Contact CREO Clinic Today To Schedule A Consultation
Book an initial consultation at the CREO Clinic today to reap the many benefits of pec implant surgery. We always offer a specialist in your surgery, so you can be sure your procedure is in the hands of an experienced practitioner.
Dr. Omar Tillo is the CREO Clinic’s double board-certified body contouring surgeon – he will be in charge of your surgery from start to finish. His expert knowledge in the field means he can personalise a treatment plan to your needs, ensuring the best path to achieving your aesthetic goals.