Polynucleotide treatments are a revolutionary new way to revitalise the skin and treat many common skin concerns such as fine lines, skin elasticity, wrinkles, and sun-damaged skin. At CREO, we offer Plenhyage XL, a state-of-the-art injectable polynucleotide that helps to improve skin hydration, rejuvenate the skin, and improve skin elasticity.
In this article, we will discuss how polynucleotides can help improve skin quality, what exactly they can treat, and answer many of the most common questions patients have about polynucleotide treatment.
To find out how polynucleotide treatment can help you and your skin, book a 1-to-1 consultation with our specialists who can tailor treatment to help with your skin concerns.
What Polynucleotide Treatment Is
Polynucleotide treatments, such as Plenhyage XL, are a unique treatment to stimulate the skin’s own health factors, promote cell turnover, improve skin quality and elasticity, and hydrate and heal damaged skin. As a result, patients can enjoy comprehensive skin rejuvenation for smoother skin, reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, scarring, and inflammation.
Polynucleotide treatments are a form of regenerative medicine that can be used across the face, including the periorbital region. Other common areas of application include the decolletage, neck, hands, stomach, arms, and legs.
How the Treatment Works
Injecting polynucleotides stimulates fibroblasts in the skin, causing several different things to happen:
- Increased cell turnover – Healthy skin cells begin to replace older, damaged skin cells for a more youthful appearance.
- Promotes collagen production – The body begins to produce more collagen for a rejuvenated and refreshed glow. This can help to improve the appearance of scarring as well as fine lines and wrinkles.
- Prompts hyaluronic acid (HA) synthesis – By increasing the amount of hyaluronic acid in the skin, patients can enjoy increased hydration, reducing dry, textured skin for a smoother surface.
- Heals inflamed and sun-damaged skin – Polynucleotide treatments help to regulate melanin cells, blood vessels, and reduce inflammation. This can help to treat skin damaged by UV light and hyperpigmentation.
Number of Treatments Needed
The number of treatments required can depend on a range of factors, including the condition of your skin. In general, we recommend 3-4 initial sessions, scheduled 3-4 weeks apart, for the best results.
How Long Treatment Takes to Work
Polynucleotide treatment focuses on promoting skin health over the long term by repairing and stimulating collagen as opposed to creating immediate benefits. For this reason, the effects of polynucleotide treatment are usually most visible after 3-4 months as the body produces more collagen and hyaluronic acid. After this, patients can enjoy smoother, rejuvenated skin.
How Long Polynucleotide Results Last
The effects of polynucleotide treatment are visible for up to 4-6 months. After this, patients may choose to undergo maintenance sessions to continue the benefits of treatment.
What Polynucleotide Treatment Can Treat
Patients with many different skin concerns can benefit from polynucleotide treatment due to its multitude of effects on the skin:
- Ageing skin – Promoting collagen and hyaluronic acid in the skin can help to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, improve skin texture and mild skin laxity, and provide a youthful glow
- Textured skin – Increasing the hydration of the skin and stimulating cell turnover can replace damaged skin cells with healthy ones, improving rough, dry skin, scarred skin, and blemishes.
- Hyperpigmentation – By reducing inflammation in the skin, polynucleotides can help address uneven skin tone and visible blood vessels.
- Sun-damaged skin – Polynucleotide treatment helps to regulate melanin cells while rejuvenating the surface of the skin, creating healthier skin while reducing the appearance of sun damage.
The Benefits of Getting Polynucleotide Treatment
- Increased skin elasticity
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Rejuvenates the skin for a healthy glow
- Creates a more even skin tone, with less visible blood vessels on the skin’s surface
- Protects skin cells and reduces damage caused by UV radiation
- Improves the hydration of the skin
- Soothes inflammation
How Polynucleotides Differs from Other Dermal Fillers
Polynucleotides and dermal fillers are fundamentally different injectable treatments.
Dermal fillers contain a hyaluronic acid gel that restores volume to the face, filling hollow areas and smoothing out the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Dermal fillers provide immediate effects, with the skin appearing more full and plump.
On the other hand, polynucleotides like Plenhyage XL improve the overall health of the skin by stimulating HA, collagen and elastin production, and increasing cell turnover. As a result, patients can enjoy ongoing improvements for radiant skin, free from hyperpigmentation and texture.
|Damaged, dull skin
|Increased HA, collagen, and cell turnover
|Plump, smoother skin
|Hydrated, smoother & healthier skin
|3-4 sessions, 3-4 weeks apart
Is Polynucleotide Treatment Safe?
Polynucleotide treatments, or anti-ageing treatments, like Plenhyage XL are safe, CE-approved, and biocompatible with the body though some allergic reactions may occur. In addition, during your consultation, our specialists will assess your suitability for polynucleotides to further ensure your safety.